- I am thy teacher who brought thee to the stage. Thou shalt have no other directors, critics, advisors before me.
- Honor thy microphone and keep thy mouth four inches from it.
- Flap not thy lyric sheet, but hold it still by thy side.
- Remember the bright lights, thou womenfolk, and keep thy face to shine with makeup.
- Sing not directly to thy loved ones, nor make eye contact with them.
- Dwell near each other, thou duet partners, lest there be a great expanse between ye on the video.
- Thou shalt not wear hats, boas, maribou, nor any rainment of poultry in the Cabaret.
- Thou shalt not make any introduction, nor make apology prior to singing.
- Thou shalt not look upon thy accompanist, nor shall ye call attention to any error made thereon.
- Thou shalt not wear white nor pastel colors
for these things are an abomination to me.
April 26, 2011
The GWEN TEN*
* or, things I have learned from my voice teacher over the past few years.