June 9, 2009

RR&R welcomes new readers

In the past few weeks, a number of old friends, acquaintances, and friends-of-friends have stumbled across this blog and phoned or emailed me to tell me that they have found it enjoyable and entertaining reading. At least, that's what they say to ME.

Parenting two kids with Russian-Adopted-Kid-Syndrome (RASK), or Autism-Lite, as I prefer to call it: what's not to laugh? If you talk about disabilities, perhaps you are expected to be dour and serious. I do that too, generally at IEP meetings with an attorney present because the lawyers charge by the hour.

For the first few years with Jeff and Hart, it was like living with two feral tiger cubs. Hilarious. In recent years, it has been more like having two aliens in the house. I have to constantly explain human customs and mores. Hysterical.

I thought I was pretty funny even before I had kids . . . maybe my source material has just gotten better.

No comments: